Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rediscovering old negatives.

My older sister, Tawni, asked me to print off some of my temple prints for her to hand out. While compiling my old temple prints, I came accross an old negative of the Timpanogos temple I shot in November of 2004. I've been so caught up with digital photography, digitally archiving my images and what not... that I've almost forgot about some of my old negatives. ahh... do you remember film? I kinda miss it. I feel I've lost some patience when shooting because of the digital revolution. With digital you can shoot whatever, photoshop it, and boom... there you go! With film you had to be patient with what you were shooting, wait for just the right surroundings, process your film and what you got is what you got. With digital cameras every soccor mom is a photographer, but with film... it was an art. You had to spend time with it and you had to know what you're doing. So I thought I'd share one of my old temple portraits shot on good old fashioned Fuji Reala 100iso.

1 comment:

gina bina said...

WOW. What an amazing picture!