Thursday, May 1, 2008

Something a little different.





The other day I had the opportunity to shoot a young gentleman named Fekky and his friend, Bright. They showed me some photos on P. Diddy's and Usher's websites and asked me to shoot similar photographs.



I must say, this was one of the funnest shoots I've done in a long time! Fekky and Bright were very easy to work with, they photographed well, and just made it an overall fun time. In the photograph to the right I decided to shoot using only one light (normally I use up to four lights on a white background). You can see the strobe in Bright's sunglasses. I've decided not to photoshop that light out... I kinda like it.







In the Photograph to the left we have Fekky in probably one of the greatest alleyways I've found yet.


It's rustic, dirty...but cool, great brick walls and just a lot of character. I love how this shot isn't just a shot of Fekky, it's a shot of the alleyway with Fekky in it (if that makes any sense). In photoshop I adjusted the levels and color to my liking, added a little diffused glow, just a little bit of blue steel and there you go. (FYI: I've mentioned "Blue Steel" in a few of my posts. If you don't know what that is, go rent Zoolander.)
Fekky and Bright are aspiring Hip Hop/Rap artists. You can visit myspace and just do a search for "Fekkylala" and you'll find his site. Now Hip Hop/Rap is not my favorite stuff, but Fekky really has some catchy rhymes.
I'm planning on updating my website soon, so I'll include a few more shots from the sitting with Fekky and Bright. Or when Fekky releases his next album you can check out some of my photos on the album cover. =)

4 comments:

Rhett and Jenteal said...

Wow Devin, those look really good!!

Anonymous said...

nice shot!!

Tiffani Ford said...

SNAP! That is some serious talent!

gina bina said...

SNAP! is tight! Awesome pics.