Friday, May 23, 2008

Finally! A chance to use the spotlight!




Some time ago I purchased a 3 million candle power spot light to use in a technique I've been wanting to try for a while. Last week I finally got the chance. Now there are a few different ways to use this spotlight technique, I just used the straight on approach.

In the above image we have Jordan. The shot was taken just as the sun was going down. My assistant was standing about 30ft. back holding the spotlight. It was a fairly cold night, so Jordan appreciated the warm spotlight focused on him the whole time. In photoshop I adjusted the levels and color to my liking, and of course a little blue steel... and there you go! Hopefully sometime in the near future I'll have some more opportunities to try some different techniques with the spotlight.